Choosing A Cheap Website Host May Seem Like A Great Saving For Your Business……..BUT
You’re choosing a cheap website host but 9 times out of 10 what may seem like a great deal at the time could do more harm than good!
In this blog post we’ll go over 5 factors to consider when choosing a cheap website host.
1. Customer Service/Client Care
From time to time you may need to ask your website hosting provider a question or advice – will you easily be able to contact them and more importantly how promptly will they respond?
A good hosting company will provide you with a contact number and email address should anything go wrong and resolve issues quickly. Some hosting companies choose to outsource their support which may mean that when you do finally get through to someone they may not be able to help you.
2. Down Time
It’s one of the most if not the most frustrating and annoying thing for any online businesses – Down Time! When it comes to choosing a cheap website host it’s not unreasonable to ask them how much down time they have had over the last month.
On certain occasions down time does occur and may be out of the host’s control but the key is how promptly do they get the issue fixed and how long is your website offline for? Cheaper hosting packages could mean that there are less people to monitor the server and are more likely to experience downtime.
3. Search Engine Optimisation
Search engines such as Google have factors in place that will affect where your website ranks, while no one actually knows every ranking factor there are 3 of the most popular ones that will have an impact on your ranking.
- Website Speed – If the hosting provider doesn’t have good or sufficient hardware in place this can ultimately affect site loading speed.
- Website Availability – The availability and up time of the website is the responsibility of the hosting provider. Search engines don’t like to direct their users to websites that are frequently experiencing downtime.
- Security – Cheap hosting companies are usually much more prone to security issues. You might have taken all the precautionary measures to protect your website, but if your hosting company hasn’t done the same, you could still be at risk.
4. Lack Of Features
Before making any decisions check with potential host about the features that they offer. Limits on emails, databases, bandwidth and storage could cause potential problems to your website.
5. Security Of Your Website
Do your website hosts cover factors such as the security and maintenance of your website? It’s important to make sure that if they aren’t keeping the website secure for you you find someone who can. If your website will be on a shared host or a VPS.
When it comes to choosing a cheap website host it is best to shop around and be clear on the features on offer. Our standard hosting package starts from £20 per month – to find out more please contact us here